Featured OMG-You paid How Much?

Discussion in 'Art' started by i need help, Dec 7, 2019.

1. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Kind of a come down from the gold toilet. Maybe the purchaser was one of the thieves. Who else has that kind of money to waste?

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

does the wall come with that?:wacky:

4. necollectors

necollectors Well-Known Member

That gives art a bad name....but isn't it throwing $$ out the door, or is this the new disposable, morphable art, do we call it" Rotten Banana Under Tape" next?

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Is that considered Still Life? :hilarious:

6. necollectors

Unlike diamonds, bananas are not forever so those who purchased the art are in for a rude awakening when the bananas rot and ruin their walls. Though, as noted in the Miami Herald, “owners can replace the banana, as needed.”

Cattelan’s art has always had a whimsical quality to it. In the past, he’s been responsible for things like a sculpture of the pope getting struck down by a meteorite and a fully functional 18-karat golden toilet.

T
    :confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::jawdrop::jawdrop: OMG IT ISN"T A JOKE!

7. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Will need professional restoration soon...:bucktooth::smuggrin: Or... easy kyratisation!:hilarious:
    C R A Z Y Y Y!:facepalm:

8. Bronwen

9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I could have saved them a fortune, I have a bunch of em :rolleyes:

20191207_103943.jpg

10. Bronwen

You can sell replacement parts.

11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I gave my six year old nephew the silver plated tea set his Nanny got for a wedding gift. He painted it with left over enamel house paints. A Danish couple came by his mother's yard sale and saw the painted set for 10 bucks. They snatched it right up and took it back to Denmark. I always wondered if they thought it was sterling or wonderful art work? I can see it selling for thousands of dollars.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

13. necollectors

Banana abuse! Holding a banana hostage against the wall, and restraining it. I think it needs to go to a court and get an a'peel'!

14. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]If you have an original VU first album, then THAT could be worth some money!

15. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Holy cow, I think I have some duct tape I got at an estate sale. I wonder how much of the art's value came from the tape? :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

16. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

Sensory Art, the gift that multiplies. Within a few days, there will be the visual bonus of a swarm of fruit flies plus the added aroma of rotting bananas until it becomes desiccated, then it could become a weapon to defend your home and hearth.

17. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Oh for the love of Pete? Really???
    Next in series, banana split sundae taped to wall complete with dripped toppings and ice cream and rotten cherry.
    I don't know much of anything about art, and I am not able to draw a straight line, but if that is what it takes to make money on the art world today, I am going to be rich.

18. Bronwen

Who knew bananas were into bondage?! Well, no doubt some of you. :D

19. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Not in the condition mine is in:(

20. Bronwen

It's original from when it was first out, & the sticker is intact, but it's not the one with the objectionable photos that got covered over.

Draft saved Draft deleted