Featured One for the potties, Staffordshire or new knock-off?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Mar 5, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone! Picked this pitcher up at the thrift today, 8" tall, 4 1/4" across the base. The mark is quite blurry but I'm assuming English or maybe English imitation. The base is very white with no evidence of wear or use. The pattern is the same as Royal Crownford's Calico (which doesn't show up on Replacements). So, new or old, English or just wannabe? I got through about 8 pages of Staffordshire marks and decided to come begging here before I went blind.

Many thanks for any help!

Linda

Blue Calico Pitcher (3).JPG Blue Calico Pitcher (7).JPG Blue Calico Pitcher (1).JPG Blue Calico Pitcher (5).JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. lvetterli

That's about what I expected. Not sure what I'll do with it, it is rather pretty.

Linda

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Use it and enjoy it.
    Put flowers in it.

5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

judy likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It is very pretty. :)

7. lvetterli

Cluttered, Joy and Fig, I think it's lovely. Might use it here at home but more likely put a few bucks on it with a truthful id on the tag and put it in a booth. I have vases that were my mom's and gifts to me over the years and there's just so many one can use.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Modern Chinese, but they're not cheap. Pretty.

Draft saved Draft deleted