One More For Today - Potties?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tie.dye.cat, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

The bottom says to me studio pottery, but I know as much about pottery as I do about glass (nothing, nada, zip, zero). Looks like besides the signature there is an imprint of "93" and an imprint of "An". The signature looks like "Akin" or "Alpin".

Thoughts?

DSCN9358.JPG

DSCN9363.JPG

DSCN9368.JPG

DSCN9372.JPG

DSCN9391.JPG

DSCN9393.JPG

Christmasjoy and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

There was a studio potter named Charles Akin but I can't find an example of his signature. It's a very nice vase.
    Don

3. tie.dye.cat

Thanks Don.

I think I am getting too old or I need to find a memory vitamin supplement. I just went to pull out the vase and found a note I had taped to it previously (because I know I have memory problems).

The note says Rachel Akin (?) and gives an ebay number with a similar signature - item # 122954893319.

I've found somewhat similar items by her but nothing exact. Going to look around for some more.

Sorry to take up folks' time.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  4. tie.dye.cat

Rats, the note I wrote myself must be too old to find that item number. I will keep searching or maybe I'll just go ahead and list it. Thanks for your help Don.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found your note. Any answer I get here on the board I print out and put in a binder. Still I can't swear I haven't listed any items here twice!:happy:
    Don

judy, Christmasjoy and tie.dye.cat like this.
  6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

To me, it almost looks like it might say Olsen...

judy and tie.dye.cat like this.
  7. tie.dye.cat

Thanks for the input SBSVC. I'll snoop around for that name as well.

8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Did you see her Etsy store? https://www.etsy.com/shop/RachelAkinCeramics

If this is the one you noted. Her sig looks different to me. I do like the things she is selling, though!

UPDATE: She is also on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rachelakinceramics/

9. tie.dye.cat

I hadn't come across her etsy store. I had found some of her items on google, but none that I could click on to enlarge the signature - they were probably all dead pinterest links that I was clicking on.

Yes, the sig on the etsy items doesn't look anything like the sig on my vase.

Thanks figtree!

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. tie.dye.cat

Just to completely lay this to rest or beat a dead horse, whichever, I sent a message to Rachel Akin, and she confirmed that it isn't her pottery.

Draft saved Draft deleted