Featured Oriental Army on Vase? 91 characters

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mario, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Any expert's opinion on this vase will be greatly appreciated. Maybe an imperial entourage? There's something to it in that its a story onto itself and I can't figure it out. vas1.jpg vas2.jpg vas3.jpg vas4.jpg vas5.jpg vas6.jpg vas7.jpg vas8.jpg vas9.jpg vas13.jpg It measures 18"H is cracked and repaired old style Has traces of string through holes and metal on some. Taped inside whether used to strengthen wall unknown. Haven't seen anything like this, unmarked. Thx in advance.

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the metal staples means someone thought enuf of it to have it repaired.....and it looks heavily bust up...

Pat Dennis and Aquitaine like this.
  3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Yes, they say used to be too good to throw.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

With all those people on clouds I'm thinking this may not be an "army."

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Immortals?

bercrystal likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Too many to be immortals I think.

Pat Dennis likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted