oriental lithograph? need info

Discussion in 'Art' started by rink28, Sep 21, 2018.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hi, i got this yesterday at a thrift shop. Went later than normal but saw this oriental picture and bought it. i didnt see a signature at first but when looking at it a second time i noticed what could be a name but in japanese on the left hand side as seen in the fourth picture. i did look at it closely and it looks to be maybe a lithograph as i dont see any dots. i did take a close up picture as seen in picture 5. was wondering if anyone knew who the artist is? is it even worth taking out of the frame? also how old? if anyone has any info im all ears. Thanks! jap1.jpg jap2.jpg jap3.jpg jap4.jpg jap5.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

for me the faces look to western for it to be that old.
    the mats on the frame look circa mid 80's...

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Yeah I knew the frame and matting were not that old but didn't know if whoever had it decided to get it framed and matted in that Era haha.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

In this case I'd say Chinese.:) The dress is Chinese. And I agree with komo, not very old. Just very pretty

5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! It caught my eye and for a couple bucks I figured why not lol. Thanks again!

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted