Oriental painted porcelain lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lpguitar1, Sep 9, 2020.

1. lpguitar1

lpguitar1 New Member

I have a painted porcelain lamp that I think was purchased new in the early 1970's at a high end furniture store. Would anyone know anything about it, where it was made, what it would be worth, or how to tell? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

I don't know much about the asians pots turned into lamps, but I do notice people always ask for photos of the base of the pot, the style of power connector and other fittings on the lamp, as all that helps to narrow down time periods of construction.

It you could find a chop mark on the vase itself, usually underneath, I could possibly tell you something about the age of the vase itself, but that's about it for me.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-9-9_18-12-10.jpeg
    maybe 1980's or 90's...
    maybe came in a pair...
    $20 to $30....for someone needing a nice lamp................????

Bakersgma likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The painting of the rows of "clouds" is quite inconsistent and irregular in spacing both vertically and horizontally. That and the pastels colorway say "modern" to me.

komokwa likes this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

This is not an old piece. late 20thc or later. Chinese BTW.

Draft saved Draft deleted