Featured Oriental Vases

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven85, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Hi I have 3 oriental vases which I was told a few years ago are authentic, have a value range of £100-£500 but sadly I have no more information on them. Looking for a starting point to research.. Does anyone recognise the period/s any of these are from etc? I will upload 9 pictures of 3 vases on this thread with sizes, pics of the bases etc:....

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

That sounds good, ;)

scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Thanks, I will do 1 item per thread to keep it simple. Here is the first one, I really like this...
    Size 450x350mm approx (2 more pictures to follow):
    upload_2019-6-5_20-50-14.png

kyratango and scoutshouse like this.
  5. Steven85

Steven85 Member

6. Steven85

Steven85 Member

7. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing with us Steven. Someone who really knows their stuff can give you a more definitive answer

I'd be interested to know myself

I get the feeling that the ginger jar/pot, is the Only real antique piece. The bases seem suspect to me

this one, has an unglazed base like yours, so possible
    https://www.chinese-antique-porcelain.com/chinese-pottery1.html

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Steven85 likes this.
  8. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Thanks. My dad bought the above vase and I recall him having the same concerns when he bought it but he was not sure and took a risk (he wasn’t an expert). I will definitely update the thread if I can find any more details at my end too, I’ve got so much stuff to sort through hopefully I come across some paperwork. I think he got the above vase appraised at £400-£600 and disagreed with the expert lol, and kept hold of it hoping for a second opinion. So I feel a bit of an obligation to at least check these out before I do anything with them. Thanks, Steven

kyratango and charlie cheswick like this.
  9. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Absolutely mate, like I said I'm no expert, and it by no way looks obvious fake looking

I'm sure you'll get all the help you need here

kyratango and Steven85 like this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think this is from Thailand, fairly recent. Sukhothai style, but not period.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  11. Steven85

Steven85 Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted