Featured Original art for music venues and business 1970-1980, austin, texas

Discussion in 'Art' started by f. skitty, Apr 13, 2019.

1. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

I am interested in eventually liquidating a number of posters and original art. some of which was for music venues and the rest for other businesses, all in austin, texas. the majority of these date from 1970-1980; all are by known local artists and some of the artists are known nationwide. i am looking to find out how collectible these may be as well as best sites for selling. some are signed and some are not. the following are representative and i have many more. I will create another thread for original art which i posted earlier today as an attachment to another thread but appears to be buried. any and all info appreciated. the colored dots are both my filing system as well as will be used for pricing _DSC0748 (2).JPG _DSC0752 (2).JPG _DSC0753 (2).JPG _DSC0754 (2).JPG _DSC0755 (2).JPG _DSC0756 (2).JPG _DSC0757 (2).JPG _DSC0746 (2).JPG

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Those are so cool ! Im sure theres a market,but Im not sure the best way to sell them.

Any Jewelry, antidiem and cxgirl like this.
  3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

There have GOT to be some Texas music fanatics who would want these!

antidiem likes this.
  4. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I want them and I don't even care about the music. The graphic design is so perfectly Of An Age.

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I'm sure these mock ups are worth some money, just not sure the venue..

6. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

Lots of these by various artists. Some sketches. Almost all stored flat for decades. Conditions vary

7. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

As mentioned on other thread I have checked with auction houses and they all want prohibitive percentages. I will check tomorrow this site’s requirements for selling.

8. Shwikman

Shwikman Well-Known Member

I would think that a live music venue or recording studio may be interested in these.

antidiem likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

prohibitive.....is subjective.
    where are you going to sell these...for 100% of the profit....at prices you want , that may be too high or too low.
    You could open your own web site.....and promote it via advertising...which costs money time and effort...... and they could sit there for months.....or worse ...you could sell a few of the most wanted.....and the rest sit there for years.

The right auction house will bring in the best money...even if you have to share it with them for their work & their clients...which you do not possess.

antidiem and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just how much money have you invested in these posters.....drawings..?
    How long have they sat around?
    How fast do you wish to turn them into dollar bills ?

antidiem and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted