Original piece of furniture ?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Walter901, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Walter901

Walter901 Member

Hi I'm looking at the piece of furniture (see picture). I'm really wondering for what it was used or what it displayed. As especially the 2 round tops I find unusual. It's teak wood. I was thinking towards asian medicine cabinet maybe ? As there are so many drawers. Happy to hear your thoughts !

disp.jpg

Ghopper1924 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

2295DE43-6EBB-4C66-9C99-C99F5DAEB155.jpeg It reminds me of an apothecary cabinet, but others know more about Furniture.

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Fantastic cabinet. How useful that would be for us hoard...er...collectors! Its hard to tell age from the pics,but I think it might be an Indonesian 1980s piece.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Yep …. Indonesian interpretation of an apothecary cabinet. Pretty but not old. Used to sell similar in the late 80s and 90s. If buying, be sure to check for wood integrity and fit of all the parts. This furniture is notorious for wood splitting/warping and sub-par workmanship issues. Some is perfectly fine while others a nightmare.

komokwa, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted