ottoman empire and turkish antiques

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by kadir cesitli, Feb 2, 2020.

1. kadir cesitli

kadir cesitli New Member

we like to buy the collection items and antiques especially from the Ottoman Empire period and Turkish art in general.
    you may please send to
    thanks you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2020
    Northern Lights Lodge likes this.
  2. EZEL

EZEL Member

Can you tell me about this sword I have? 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

3. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

I'd like to follow this post! Thank you!

4. kadir cesitli

kadir cesitli New Member

Due to the lock downs and restrictions we slow down but we will be back to the routine soon in the healthy days for all of us

5. Northern Lights Lodge

Hi Kadir,
    I wondered if you know anything about these types of blankets. I purchased one years and years ago and always thought it was Native American. But, I've recently become a Turkish Dizi fan (hopeless Dizi fan) and similar blankets seem to show up in almost every show! I saw many of them, often, in "Keradayi". They seem to show up in scenes from homes, hospitals and definitely prison scenes!

They appear to be hand woven wool (mine is) and the designs are always quite geometric, but vary in color and style.

I love textiles...and although I purchased the blanket I have, probably 40 years ago, I'd never seen another like it. LOL... UNTIL I started watching Turkish dizis!

Any light you, or anyone, can shine on these lovely blankets would be appreciated.

PS I didn't post a photo of mine - but it is in pastel colors.

Thanks Leslie
    Turkish blanket22.jpg turkish blanket11.jpg

Turkish blanket33.jpg

i need help likes this.
  6. kadir cesitli

kadir cesitli New Member

As the Turks originally come from Central Asia and some of them migrated to America continent through Bering. That is why many similarities between the Turks and Native Americans like shaman belief, language, tapestry designs etc. When this global pandemic COVID-19 over welcome to Turkey and you may see yourself.

7. Northern Lights Lodge

Thank you Kadir,
    Having been a dizi fan for awhile; I was aware of the similarities between Turks and Native American...but for some reason never connected it to the design of the blankets! That makes perfect sense!

I have a number of American dizi friends who have been on Turkish tours and just rave about how WONDERFUL Turkey is! I'm envious of their willingness to travel by plane; but alas, I shall probably be visiting Turkey vicariously through their adventures and dizis! I was invited to go last fall (I couldn't go for other reasons) and invited to come again this fall (I again sadly declined); but, of course, that may be cancelled for those whom have signed up.

I just happened to think of something; I've been posting "Lace Lessons" on the textile forum. Earlier this year, I did a bit about laces that show up in Turkish dizi's on one of my Turkish fan sites. I think I'll have to expand that post over to the "Lace Lesson's" thread! :)

So, in short, I'll be looking forward to your posts!
    Leslie

Draft saved Draft deleted