Featured P.Benally bangle

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lecollectionneur, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

I've bought this bangle, certainly more value than his 52 grams scrap silver, is it old (70's-80's)?
    I've found pictures but without more interest on Pinterest, not really what interest me about the maker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Benally is a Navajo (Native American) name and there are many silversmiths with surname Benally, but I can't find a P. Benally.
    Late 70s-80s would be my guess. And as you thought, worth more than scrap value.;)
    The coral could be Mediterranean, favoured by Southwestern Native American silversmiths. A search term to find something similar would be Navajo sterling coral shadowbox cuff bracelet.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  3. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Well-Known Member

4. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

Exactly what I've found with my single google search, I suppose you make a false writing Any Jewelry, this is the first occur but without more things about him, it's a lot of Pinterest things without interest in place of a single biography…
    I've found a Pamela too but it's totally different in style and design.
    And with a link sent to me I've found a similar one here with an indicative price, just to put it on ebay now.;)

i need help likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Internet searches can be too taxing on my brain when it comes to certain things. Besides, you mentioned you had already done that, so I assumed that base was covered.:)
    I looked in my Native American jewellery books instead, which don't have the recent silversmiths. Pauline seems to be too recent for me.;)

Note to self: Don't help with recent NA jewellery.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    judy, komokwa, Aquitaine and 4 others like this.
  6. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

That's not so AJ. Your help is always welcome and often leads to other discoveries about pieces.:joyful:
    Patd

7. Kimbert

Kimbert Well-Known Member

nonsense! You said you couldn't find a P Benally, not that P Benally didn't exist! (so I wouldn't call that wrong info or anything!) Your posts are always helpful =))

Here is another similar one! (Maybe you already saw it) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-S...acelet-by-Pauline-Benally-1-5-W-/192046647658

8. Any Jewelry

Thanks Patd and Kimbert.:kiss:
    That is what I thought.:):kiss: And I thought my suggestion for possible further search terms would be helpful.
    This is not the first unsollicited sneer Lecollect gave me, so I can only assume he doesn't appreciate my help, for some reason. Not my favourite style of communicating, so it is better if I don't try to help him anymore.

But thank you to the others for the likes and the vote of confidence.:happy:

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think language translation might be the problem here,obviously english isnt his (or her) 1st one . You are an ASSET to this board ,and have been beyond generous with sharing information.

10. Any Jewelry

:kiss:

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@Any Jewelry .... maybe....he means, that he thinks your information is incorrect , because his search did not turn up any corroboration...or evidence which confirms or supports a statement,.........

Like Johnny said.....bad translation..!

On the other hand.....if you think this Swiss member has it out for you..... either bare your fangs :punch: ....or leave him alone....:meh::stop:

There are so many other members who need and / or enjoy your help..... that there's lots more to do around here ! & you do it so well !! :kiss:;);)

12. Any Jewelry

:kiss::happy:

13. i need help

i need help Well-Known Member

I agree with the above comments. Possibly created by translator, but more importantly, we need, value, and appreciate you! :kiss:

14. komokwa

Pamela......... 4 sure..
    upload_2019-2-16_13-9-8.jpeg

The Ebth link is dead on.........

upload_2019-2-16_13-12-21.jpeg
    Five stone coral shadow box......what more could you ask for ???

15. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

AJ .. You are a GEM HERE !! IN FACT YOU ARE A GEM anywhere !! Had a couple of snippy replies lately, IGNORE THEM !! .. we love you !! .. Joy... :). (I HAVE to stop using all these exclamation marks and dots) .. Joy. :)

16. komokwa

Why............!!!! ..............!!!............!!!!,..kbsbpypsypbbus[vu9''udsljksb...???????
    :playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:

17. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

:) .. I don't know why Komo .. I tend to write what I'm feeling at the time .. the marks and dots make me feel understood. But .. I don't think I'd be able to write any differently anyway .. SOooo... Love You !!!!!!!!!! ....... !!!!, ......Joy. :)

18. Any Jewelry

KSW, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  19. komokwa

sometimes i write like i talk......you got no problems being understood!!
    keep doin what yer doin..........:kiss:

20. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted