Painted Tiny Art Glass Vase Cased Pink Crimped Ruffled Rim Pale Jade Green Foot.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lauragarnet, May 3, 2015.

1. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

2 and 1/8" tall.
    2 and 1/8" diameter across the top.
    1 and 7/8" diameter across the bottom.
    001-PINK-CASED-GLASS-RUFFLED-RIM-MINI-VASE-686W-800H.jpg
    Crimped, ruffled, pink over white cased rim.
    The pink glass over white is applied to the rim and goes about half way down the inside of the vase. The pink glass gradually fades away to white.
    The glass on the foot of the vase is a pale jade green.
    The painted decoration looks to be raspberries and leaves. There are thorns painted on part of the twigs, so thats why I'm thinking it's berries, not blossoms.
    016-PINK-CASED-GLASS-RUFFLED-RIM-MINI-VASE-800W-670H.jpg
    I couldn't get a very good picture of the base with the lighting I had to work with, but it has a rough circular scar all the way around the indented center.
    014-PINK-CASED-GLASS-RUFFLED-RIM-MINI-VASE-800W-757H.jpg
    003-PINK-CASED-GLASS-RUFFLED-RIM-MINI-VASE-684W-800H.jpg 006-PINK-CASED-GLASS-RUFFLED-RIM-MINI-VASE-703W-800H.jpg Can anyone tell if this American art glass or European? I'm thinking last quarter of 19th century, 1875-1900 era. Am I on the right track?

cxgirl and mymysharona43 like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

English, I suspect, and those are blackberries. Late 19th C, probably a Stroubridge maker. Pretty.

3. lauragarnet

Thankyou for the info bear.:happy::cat:

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Most welcome. I'd have bought that.

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Most likely English made around 1900.

lauragarnet likes this.
  6. lauragarnet

Thanks Fenton. :happy: It seems the verdict is unanimous.

7. lauragarnet

Just a little update for future reference in case anything similar is ever posted.
    It's uranium glass!
    It glows like crazy under black light.
    001-URANIUM-GLASS-STOURBRIDGE-LADIES-SPITTOON-CUSPIDOR-CASED-CRIMPED-809W-900H.jpg
    Another thing I've found, (while researching a mini Nippon spittoon) is these tiny, fancy glass vases in this shape are listed as a ladies cuspidor or personal spittoon for a lady.

Figtree3 and cxgirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted