Featured PAINTING SIGNED H. HARPER, HENRY ANDREW HARPER?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Apr 23, 2018.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this little painting (the painting itself without frame is only 10" x 8") over week end at a yard sale. It looks well done to me, but when I googled H Harper all I got was a Henry Andrew Harper - who died in 1900; I don't think this is that old!
    Can anyone tell me who the artist of this painting is?
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 1AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 2AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 3AA.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I only scouted around enough to find one specimen of Henry Andrew's signature; this one is not a good match. :(

Christmasjoy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  3. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Always show the back,it helps to see the canvas to date it.I suspect this is a giclee .

5. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

No, it's a painting; I looked at it with a magnifying glass - I think it's because the canvas is bumpy that it may look that way?
    Huntingtreasure (Love that name!) - thank you for the names (why didn't they come up on my google??!)
    If you look after the name it looks like the number 78 - or is it more letters? Because I see the number 95 under that?
    AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 4AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 6AA.jpg AA EBAY NEW A ART PAINTING H HARPER 6AAA.jpg

6. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

210FCE70-AA06-4B4F-A4B7-C066CB11379F.jpeg It does look like maybe a letter after Harper. Maybe a “T” ?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted