Pair of Famille verte Style vases - Chinese or European ? Samsom?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mbaena, Apr 19, 2021.

1. mbaena

mbaena New Member

Hello everyone,
    I hope you are all well.
    I'm learning to use this incredible forum, so, I'm sorry for any mistake.

I am working with this pair of vases. Measures: 75 x 28cm.The two vases have a stamped symbol on their base, which originally appears on 19th century Chinese objects. I can't say much about the decoration, but it doesn't seem entirely Chinese, I can also see several retouches in the painting, which left me with doubts. The inside of the vase also looks quite new to me. But I am not an expert in porcelain wares.
    Also, I was told that this mark was widely copied in Europe at the turn of the 19th / 20th century, and several people who looked at the vases said that it may be Samsom, but I believe that this assignment is often generic, and may be another French factory or from another country. (I did not find any work with good provenance attributed to Samsom that matches this pair). For that reason I would like to ask your generous opinion. I can post more photos if needed. IMG_5498.jpg IMG_5499.jpg IMG_5504.jpg IMG_5513.jpg IMG_5509.jpg IMG_5532.jpg IMG_5548.jpg IMG_5550.jpg
    All comments are welcome.
    With Regards
    MB

IMG_5498.jpg IMG_5498.jpg IMG_5499.jpg IMG_5498.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted