Featured pair of oriental antique lamps

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Brywil1970, May 21, 2019.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

can anyone help me date these or give many any more information. These are part of a high end estate. Only one lamp is complete
    TIA, Bryan

281025EB-CD40-4E2A-968A-CF027741D004.jpeg

0BDD7262-8FA3-4C32-AAD5-685067600DEE.jpeg

1E1280E9-5AAC-41DC-B0B7-F8EE1D115C70.jpeg

354420AD-A965-4E8D-8136-89A99EF6FB5A.jpeg

80C2C17B-A1CA-4BC2-AF8B-D3FEC882D08A.jpeg

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Do you think they were converted from something else or started off as lamps?

3. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

WHAT is the mouse hanging by its tail?!!!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

I believe conversion but very early because of and the mice are bells I think originally they were hanging on every arm because there is a loose one also

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Not your everyday piece. Pretty cool!

When you say one lamp "is complete" is that the one we are looking at?

Also, can you show a photo of the plugs? (Both, if they are different from each other.) Sometimes can help with dating.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Complete would be one with dangles (or mice:D) hanging from all curved roof decorations? There are loops on all of them.

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  7. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

I love this. It looks like there is a door to the light area. It also looks as though the upper portion is easily removed. I'm guessing that this is a conversion and possibly was originally an incense burner. Is it brass or bronze? No marks?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  8. Gus Tuason

Gus Tuason Well-Known Member

Note that the top piece has a triangular hole. perhaps there are two more like holes on the other side. Perhaps these holes (if present?) were to anchor hanging chains and the top portion was hung above much like a heat deflector of the old hanging oil lamps?

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted