Featured PAIR OF PERFUME BOTTLES IN FILIGREE HOLDERS?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jul 25, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found these at the local thrift store yesterday. They had held perfume (you can smell it when you open either bottle) & one has a tar like residue - the perfume evaporating over time?
    Is there a way to tell how old these filigree stands are? (there is a nut/bolt holding the finial on bottle cap that looks like 1960's?)
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

COLLECTIBLE PERFUME BOTTLES SET FILIGREE 2A_A.JPG COLLECTIBLE PERFUME BOTTLES SET FILIGREE 2AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE PERFUME BOTTLES SET FILIGREE 3AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE PERFUME BOTTLES SET FILIGREE 4AA.JPG COLLECTIBLE PERFUME BOTTLES SET FILIGREE 5AA.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

1960s into 70s. Probably had matching lipstick caddies and other wotnots.

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

...& I third that opinion. :happy::happy:

If you want to clean them, regular old isopropyl alcohol will cut the sludge. These type bottles came empty for you to put your own fragrance in.

Draft saved Draft deleted