Pair of "Top Mode" Banquet Tray Trans-Matic Ashtrays

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by rknarr2, Jan 25, 2021.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of plastic "Top Mode" Banquet Tray Trans-Matic Ashtrays.
    Dimensions are about 6" top dia. x 6 3/4" outside edge bottom dia.
    x 1" tall. Looks to me that this will hold in the middle of the ashtray
    either a cigarette in the middle holder or cigars on the end holders.
    The ashtrays look old to me. What is the company, pattern and decade
    that these would have been used? Thank you. Rob
    IMG_1704small.JPG IMG_1713small.JPG IMG_1714small.JPG

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It seems like an awkward construction, to lay your cigarette flat across the middle.

3. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

It's funny I can find no reference to this ashtray or company anywhere.
    You'd think with such a snazzy name it would be easy to find.

4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I think the center "notch" is meant to hold a book of matches. Maybe these were marketed to restaurants & bars where they could have the name of the establishment on the side.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. rknarr2

True. I am thinking maybe it is not an ashtray but for a banquet table like the feet on a banquet table.
    Maybe it is not an ashtray but part of a "Top Mode" Banquet Tray by Trans-Matic.

6. rknarr2

Maybe I was wrong and its not an ashtray but part of a banquet tray like it says on the back "Top Mode" Banquet Tray by the company Trans-Matic. I think I had found the company name Trans Matic. Rob

7. rknarr2

Maybe I was wrong and it is not an ashtray but part of a banquet tray as it says on the back "Top Mode" Banquet Tray and made by Trans-Matic. Rob

bercrystal likes this.
  8. rknarr2

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. rknarr2

I searched on ebay and found http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337485078&toolid=10001&mpre=TOP-O-MATIC Cigarette Maker Rolling Making Tobacco Injector Machine with Tray | eBay
    As I was looking at the metal tray in the corners I noticed the outline of some round
    discs and may have been grounded off. I wonder if these go to a tray like this. Rob

bercrystal likes this.
  10. rknarr2

I searched on ebay and found http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337485078&toolid=10001&mpre=TOP-O-MATIC Cigarette Maker Rolling Making Tobacco Injector Machine with Tray | eBay
    As I was looking at the metal tray in the corners I noticed the outline of some round
    discs and may have been grounded off. I wonder if these go to a tray like this. Rob

11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

08705820-3A0B-46EA-8DE8-681486DADF47.jpeg What does it say where I’ve circled?

12. rknarr2

Draft saved Draft deleted