Featured Panic attack averted. Has this ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by evelyb30, Nov 11, 2016.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I had three packed items in my Ebay unpaid pile, but only two showed in Ebay's nag when I clicked the bell in the upper right corner of the screen. It turned out that a label had been purchased for the third item, but ....it's still sitting here. Did I ship something to this person by mistake? If so, what? Checked the printed records and everything matched up. I label all my packages with what's in them and check before affixing labels, so odds were long against a mixup. The first label hasn't picked up any tracking data, so my best guess is it was paid for somehow but didn't print out. PHEW. The pendant is going out later than I thought, but at least I didn't seriously mess up.

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No.
    But there was a time I thought I mixed up two sales.....& had to wait on pins & needles...until they were both received !! :shame::nailbiting::nailbiting:

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I've shipped things to the wrong person by mistake. Don't remember how, but I contacted the people involved and worked something out that satisfied everyone. I once sent a package to a person who lived in an apartment building but forgot to include the apartment number. Fortunately they knew their mailman, told him to watch for the package, and all ended well.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The ones that drive me craziest are straightforward packages sent to ...Italy. Things to to Russia and sail straight through. Send the same pin or necklace or whatever to Italy and it takes forever. I've never managed to switch up two packages...yet. There's always a first time. It can happen, but it's one reason I try to only print one label at a time, and why this freaked me out.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I shipped a lighter to Greece...it took almost 2 months.....held in customs 4 ever !!

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I am such a scatterbrain. I have multiple checks and double-checks in place. I have discovered and corrected countless horrific mistakes, sometimes on the 4th or 5th "double check"...

7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I don't ship that much but sometimes as many as 6.
    I've learned to at least temporarily tape the label to the box.

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  8. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Oh, I remember the panic :eek: I felt many years ago when I shipped to the wrong person. Since then, I only print one label at a time and I don't seal boxes until I'm ready to put the label on. It hasn't happened since then. (knock on wood). It was an expensive item and I was very lucky that the person who received the item was extremely understanding and honest.

KingofThings likes this.
  9. rhiwfield

rhiwfield Well-Known Member

We managed to swap labels on two boxes. Apologised to customers, got them to send to each other, and refunded both in full for the hassle.

The only thing that is certain is that at some point you will make a mistake that your checks dont pick up :(

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted