paper label on dresser

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by cyn, Aug 13, 2019.

1. cyn

cyn New Member

usethislabel.jpg hi all,

i have recently purchased two dressers which have paper labels (almost gone) below you will find the best picture of one of the labels. im trying to identify the maker. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you kindly for your time.

uselabel.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Your photo is too small and dark to see.

3. cyn

cyn New Member

ok thank you i will try and get a better one.

4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Not much better, but this is the best I could do with it:
    furniture label.jpg

i need help and antidiem like this.
  5. cyn

cyn New Member

thank you i have another shot

6. cyn

cyn New Member

7. cyn

cyn New Member

the label is really worn down. it looks like some sort of shield in the center with a banner below it. sorry that is the best i can get it to look. thanks for any help.

Michael77, i need help and antidiem like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

show us the dressers...............

9. antidiem

I don't recognize it to say, "not American" but that's what I think so far! :shame:
    Is the wood tiger oak? Please show us the dresser.

10. cyn

cyn New Member

hi thanks for getting back to me. i don't think it is tiger oak. the lady i bought it from said it was mahogany. the style to me looks mid century. i definitely agree it doesnt look american. but what do i know, i train dogs..... ;) i can get pics tomorrow. the dressers are behind a lot of dog crates at the moment in a tiny room. so it will take some effort to get the pics. hopefully tomorrow.

antidiem and Michael77 like this.
  11. antidiem

12. cyn

cyn New Member

below are photos from the tall dresser. i cannot move the dresser for any other pics. (quite heavy bad back don't go well together) any info is greatly appreciated. thanks for taking the time to try and solve the question.

dresser1.jpg dressertop.jpg dresserbottom.jpg

Michael77 likes this.
  13. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Methinks 40's for the furniture. (And much as I hate claptraps and thingles extraneous to the subject matter, the mirror and the jar/lamp are very pretty!)

14. cyn

cyn New Member

im not sure what that means..... but the frame is one that came from my great grandmothers house and use to hold a picture in her dining room. it is now just an open frame. the vase is one my mother got for christmas that she no longer used.

im hoping to find the manufacturer of the dressers. thanks for your reply

15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it means we like photo's of the item in question...by itself.;)
    But we understand that's not always possible ! :):)

I like your wood floor.....:)

16. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

The style is Hepplewhite, ribbon mahogany, a revival piece, probably 20th century

sabre123, antidiem, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  17. cyn

cyn New Member

thank you so much for your reply. i had heard of hepplewhite, but not of ribbon mahogany. thank you for your input. does this piece look american??? with the shield and the banner, i cant find any american makers that resemble those paper labels. also, any resources for books or online to purchase that may have the answer? any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks again.

18. James Conrad

It could be, it could be english as well. What do drawers look like on secondary wood species?

antidiem likes this.
  19. cyn

cyn New Member

ok, thank you. well i will have to get more pics tomorrow. the dog crates are back in place with dogs inside. plus i have to get all the stuff out of the chest. i don't know what kind of wood it is. i do remember it looks different than the outside. i have been researching and am wondering now if it is a scandinavian logo. its so hard to tell not being familiar with this territory. ask me about dogs..... ;)

20. James Conrad

where are you located? and where did you get the chest?

Draft saved Draft deleted