Paragon china - rare design?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JanieB, Mar 31, 2019.

1. JanieB

JanieB Member

Morning everyone. I have inherited a lot of china, plates, figurines etc mainly from the 1920s-1960s I particularly love this Paragon design and have tried finding out more about it. From what I've found it seems it might be quite rare? Does anyone have any idea what date it might be and whether it really is rare please? (I'm a beginner in all things china so I thought I'd ask the experts!). Thanks in advance. paragon3.jpg
    paragon2.jpg
    paragon1.jpg paragon4.jpg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

There is a plethora of Paragon china with roses on eBay. Have you looked?

i need help likes this.
  3. JanieB

JanieB Member

Hello - yes I have looked on ebay and I can't see this pattern anywhere. It does come up in a google search and it looks as though a cup and saucer are selling for £178 which seems very very expensive! Sometimes people seem to pitch items high (and low) for no good reason so rather than take the ones I found as correct I thought I should see if anyone on here knows better!

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

6. JanieB

JanieB Member

Thank you both so much for taking the time to look for me. The ones you both found are very similar to mine, but the inside of the cups are pink and have a gold line … mine are just white. Plus, as you say, the mark on the bottom is different. I just can't find the same ones anywhere!!

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

You can email photos to the The Replacements website above and ask for an I. D. Of the pattern.

8. Chandler In Las Vegas

Chandler In Las Vegas Active Member

https://www.replacements.com/webquote/para1952.htm

The backstamp of the eBay listing is a dual warrant that ended when Mary died in 53. The backstamp in this query is one approximately from the 1960s and has QE2's singular warrant. Pretty cup, but not extraordinary.

As an aside, if you are bidding on something and find a price for it at Replacements, the eBay bargain threshold for whatever, is 50% of Replacements price.

Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  9. i need help

Well Done!!! :)

10. Chandler In Las Vegas

If you go to Replacements and search: Paragon Roses, you can get a feel for the price range.

i need help likes this.
  11. JanieB

JanieB Member

Thank you so much to everyone for your great information - that is exactly why I asked the experts here! I will definitely email replacements.com with a photo as I am short of 1 cup and I love the design so much that I'd really like to buy one and complete the set of 6. You were all really helpful … thanks again!

12. Chandler In Las Vegas

Draft saved Draft deleted