Featured Paragon Rose Cup & Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Jun 18, 2021.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I saw a set of these at an estate sale, and 20210618_084459.jpg 20210618_084506.jpg 20210618_084509.jpg 20210618_084521.jpg remembered that some paragon floral cups and saucers are worth quite a bit. I have searched and searched and can't find this one. It's a whole set of china, and quite expensive so I can't buy until I determine if these cups and saucers are "the good ones."

All help appreciated. I will continue to search and hope for some responses here.

Thanks you all!

DizzyDaff, judy and Bronwen like this.
  2. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Replacements photos do not look like they are the right color but they say it is mint green so I think these are your dishes.

https://www.replacements.com/china-paragon-madison/c/74531

Here are some listings on eBay but there are no completed listings.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=paragon+madison+&_sacat=0&rt=nc

If I remember correctly the cups & saucers that bring big money are the ones with a single large bold flower rather than multiple flowers.

Here are some of the sold cups & saucers. I have done them from highest to lowest.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...H_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

Bronwen likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The pattern is Madison. Oops, sniped.

bercrystal, judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thank you! So not much info on the cups and saucers in this pattern, but it seems that these are not "the good ones," but I'm still not sure. I know they are not the really high end ones. I figured being a whole set of china they were probably not the sought after ones.
    Peggy, oddly your links are taking me to ebay motors? Just FYI. I've found what there is to find on ebay.

bercrystal and DizzyDaff like this.
  6. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

I found a 5 piece setting that sold for about $50 on etsy.

judy likes this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

The pattern you have, while pretty, is not a set that would fetch the higher prices. Your pattern is also more modern than the truly desirable sets. The highest price cups and saucers from Paragon tend to have a very large bloom in the bowl of the cup, and often have gold trim.

8. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thank you bluumz. In my searching I could see that the ones at the estate sale were not the very best, but I saw quite a few in the search in the $100 - $300 range that seemed more ordinary to my eye, so I did wonder about the set at the estate sale.

I noticed that most of the best cups and saucer had the light brown double warrant mark. Is that the mark to look for? And, are any of the really good cups and saucers part of dinner sets, or were they made as cups and saucers only?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this.

So appreciate everyone's help on this.

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted