Featured Pattern name - glass vase, probably Depression

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Oct 23, 2017.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I figured @gregsglass would probably know what this is. I found it going begging at the local Ill Will for half of its original $3 price tag. I'll probably be finding it a home locally.

DSCF6861small.jpg DSCF6862.JPG

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

It's a depression era vase. I have never seen a particular pattern name given to it. I think it was made by Anchor Hocking as a go with for a couple different patterns of theirs (Manhattan, Queen Mary Come to mind). I have also seen it called Criss Cross which it isn't, but again, could be a go with for that pattern too.

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

It's an attractive vase :)

4. evelyb30

Thanks. I've never seen the pattern before. I found a block optic vase this weekend and handed it off to a friend who collects the later Fenton pieces. She was thrilled. I'm trying to figure out what to do with this one. Probably the same thing.

Phaik Hooi, judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. evelyb30

Thanks TallCakes. Anchor Hocking may not even know any more.

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just saw your vase. Definitely Anchor Hocking. I have seen it in clear, green and pink. Ralph Lauren did glass ware that looks like this.
    greg

8. evelyb30

Thanks for the confirmation. This sort of thing doesn't go for nearly what it used to, but at that price it was hard to miss.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    it is NOT true Depression Glass. It was made in the 40s/50s.
    greg

10. evelyb30

Whoops. I didn't think of something made this way being that late. Now that the mystery is as solved as it's going to get, I can rehome it. It's a good thing we're not closer together or I might zucchini bandit you.

SBSVC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted