Pattern or Maker ID help please? Cut glass- Daisy (mum?) and vine compote

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Darkwing Manor, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Hello Forum Folk,
    I'm quickly throwing together an estate sale and I am stuck on ID-ing this lovely cut and wheel-etched colorless glass compote. It measures just over 6.25" high, bowl diameter is 5", foot of base is 3.5". No marks. The pattern looks SO familiar but it is driving me mad trying to find it... (short drive though). Sorry the last pic is fuzzy but it shows the profile well enough. I am getting punchy from rummaging, tagging, bagging and marking! Thank you for any guidance! compote1.jpg compote2.jpg compote3.jpg

scoutshouse likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

These floral cuts were popular with a lot of different companies.
    Time frame could be early 1900s to 1950s.
    I wouldn't stress over who the maker is. It's probably a hard sell.
    I would price it around $5-10 depending on how fast you want things to move.

3. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I agree with cluttered except it may be newer. Looks like the leaves are molded and the generic flower has minimal cutting probably enough to import as cut glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted