Featured Peggie Foy bowl ... bowl? Yes - bowl!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Touchdry, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Touchdry

Touchdry Well-Known Member

Peggie Foy is known for her twee fairytale figurines. Indeed there is a Pathe News item on the 1951 Festival of Britain, in which she is shown as just one of many Brit creatives to export her wares! (Watch the news item and listen to that accent!! https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...

... But little is known about her pots! In fact I have only ever seen one other pot(which is in the background on the table on the video - and has been on ebay).

So - imagine my surprise when I find this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a bit worn ... but I reckon it was made before her 'claim to fame' at the Festival.

Please correct me on any of the above ... for all I know she probably made thousands of bowls ... its just I haven't seen any.

What do you think?

Oh, and if you are a collector of her stuff then you will find this on ebay soon!!

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Nice. Interesting how it is in the same theme as early Poole and Honiton wares.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Nice! I would never have expected to find out this was British! Thanks for sharing, Touchdry!

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Bakers, have a look at early Poole patterns and Honiton Ware. You'd be surprised.

Christmasjoy, judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I will!

6. Touchdry

I was not expecting this to be a Brit pot ... I thought it might be southern Europe ... I am amazed at what it actually is!!

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Very COOL video.....also hung around and watched the guy build a coil vase!! That too was interesting!!!!

8. Touchdry

Thats because they are frafliwell spowkn !! :smug:

9. Touchdry

10. Faye Dixey

Faye Dixey New Member

Hello, very nice bowl! Can I ask how much did you sell this for please? I have a horse which you can also see in the video and looking to sell but unsure of a guide price, thanks!

11. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

That was October of last year. You should try contacting the OP directly.

Draft saved Draft deleted