Peppler Bros. Co. Ltd.

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Hedz, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Hedz

Hedz Member

We have a bedroom set that belonged to my grandparents - made by Peppler Bros. Co. Ltd. at the Neustadt factory. I believe that Peppler became Peppler-Sklar which still exists. See photo of label from back of dressing table, the dressing table and seat and bed. Also, note old quilt made by my 3F1BC795-4122-4B59-94CC-EBC168020AD3.jpeg 190835B3-6DD6-447A-8F74-B917E7AC32B8.jpeg 5BB4752E-593C-4EB7-BFF3-8F62F395AD50.jpeg

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Lovely set.
    I noticed the quilt matches very nicely in color before I read that someone probably made it.

Did you have a question about your set or were you just sharing?

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  3. Hedz

Hedz Member

Mostly sharing - curious about the era of the furniture and am looking for opinions about what is written on the label (Article No., Color). Also note that colour is spelled without the "u". Curious to me for being made in Canada, but who knows.

Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Think time period would be 1920s - to early 40s.
    I don't know my Canadian history, but parts were under Queen Victoria at some point as they celebrated her jubilee. So that would account for the English spelling of color with a "u"

@Ghopper1924 @verybrad for more info
    Be sure to check back. People come and go at all hours.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

A nice set indeed. Beautiful mahogany veneer and late-ish Art Deco styling. Can't really read the article no. and colo(u)r :), but those are likely just internal reference numbers and codes.

Single beds are not really made anymore, and demand for these pieces would be low. However, since they have provenance in your family, I'd just keep and enjoy them.

BTW, that IS a beautiful quilt!

clutteredcloset49 and Hedz like this.
  6. Hedz

Hedz Member

We love the connection to the past - that is just one of many quilts made by my grand mother.

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I am on board with a 20s- 30s date. Think it is walnut rather than mahogany. The color designation seems to support this.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  8. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

OK, now I see the "WAL" on the color designation. Walnut it is!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted