Phoenix Furniture by Robert Irwin Company

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Chris Bowles, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles New Member

Hi folks....we received some nice furniture today and we are considering placing it in a high end catalog auction. The pieces are from Robert Irwin's Phoenix factory and we have narrowed the date of mfg down to 1928-1936 by dating the makers mark. We believe the pieces to be quite unique as many of the pieces coming out of the phoenix factory during this period were painted pieces. These pieces are french inspired but not painted and have some terrific marquetry (bout du bout) and ormolu. If anyone knows anything additional it is always appreciated. Countless image searches have only yielded one similar piece so we think they are quite special.

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      541.2 KB
      Views:
    • 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      430.6 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      560.9 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      526.3 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      464.1 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      726.2 KB
      Views:
    KingofThings likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They're stunning.
    Depending on where you are located , the talk on this forum is that ' brown furniture ' is in a slump these days....with prices down.
    The maker may have a following that has kept prices for his work at a premium....but I don't know that for sure.

Do not count on the internet as a sole source for value , as there may be more similar items out there that have not been uploaded to the web.

& good luck ! :)

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Please click on Full Image after you upload photos so we don't have to keep opening tiny links. It would be polite.

011.jpg

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

If a high end catalogued auction will take these, it is probably your best bet for selling at a good price. I know that in my neck of the woods, there would be buyers but only at fire-sale prices. Sitting in a shop at high prices would take up real estate that is too valuable for such in most locations. You might be able to have better luck if in a large city where there are better heeled buyers.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WELCOME Chris if I haven't already done so before!!!! And regardless, I must say, they are gorgeous and STUNNING pieces!!!! I would heed what Brad offers!!:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

6. Chris Bowles

Chris Bowles New Member

Will do my apologies....first time posting here.

cxgirl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted