Featured Photo - The Manitou & Pike's Peak Railway 1909

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Jerry Coker, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Jerry Coker

Jerry Coker Active Member

Hello, I bought some old family photos a couple weeks ago, and I'm just now getting around to sorting them out. This cool photo was among them and I had a couple questions. Would this photo be considered a cabinet photo? It is larger than any other cabinets I have that are in old family albums. It has the photo applied to a larger card stock, like cabinets & CDV's, but of course is larger. Also, this photo was among many similar sized (and larger & smaller sized) portrait photos of family members, many of which have closing flaps to protect the photos. So this photo was among many very formal family portraits from the early 20th century, & I believe some from around the early 1920's. I'm not as familiar with early 20th century family photos. Most photos from that time period that I am familiar with are either baseball cards (tobacco cards) or RPPC's. Thought the folks in this fine group might be able to enlighten me on what type of photo this is. Thank you.

IMG_0085.jpg IMG_0086.jpg IMG_0095 75.jpg IMG_0099 75.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Mounted Photograph is what some people call these type of cards. I don't think anyone will care if you used Cabinet Card though.

Darkwing Manor and judy like this.
  3. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Strub rack railway system, Swiss, will work for another hundred years.
    when listed then mention the Rigi Railway and our old mechanics will go ape-shit !

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  4. Jerry Coker

Jerry Coker Active Member

OK, they do remind me of the cabinets that are often in old family albums, but bigger, and very formal. And yes, after reading the back, it appears that railway will still be around for awhile! Thank you for the replies.

Draft saved Draft deleted