Picasso Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 3, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

2. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

3. kardinalisimo

Thanks.
    I saw the article earlier but did not read it thoroughly. I wonder if the artwork discussesd there is the same piece that was offered by Sotheby’s.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Jivvy

I don't know what is what, but here's a comparison.

temp01.jpg

i need help likes this.
  5. kardinalisimo

Hm, they all have differences in the colors and the lines. Even signatures are slightly different.
    The last two are supposed to be charcoal and crayons but mine is different medium.

6. Jivvy

Yeah, I don't know.

Your close-up pics are good, why not submit it to Sotheby's for review?

(I think you should re-take the main pic, photog is casting some serious shadows)

i need help likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. kardinalisimo

The one on artnet is the same as Sotheby’s. I see their estimated value but not finding price realized.
    I’ll take mine out of the frame first and then we’ll see. I doubt it’s something valuable so probably won’t bother with big auction houses.

9. Jivvy

I wonder if it got pulled? There are other Picasso sales in 2018 with scads of newspaper articles about them.

Nothing on this piece. (that I can find)

10. kardinalisimo

A lot of uncertainties about this artwork.
    According to the artical, they found an image of a reproduction( lithographic copy?) in the Christian Zervos catalog. What’s that supposed to mean? Wonder if it says in the catalogue that the provided image is a repro? Then, according to Sotheby’s, their piece was in possession of Yvonne Zevros, Christian’s wife( before 1961 but does not say when and where acquired), and they also mention the illustration in the catalog but nothing about being a reproduction.
    According to the Picasso Administration, this work was executed in 1914 and signed by the artist at a later date, likely circa 1939. He also dated it “14” at such later date? I would think he was asked by someone to sign it?

11. kardinalisimo

E2C53E60-074E-4B80-810D-3FF05161463D.jpeg 8DCE474F-F1F0-4186-AEE7-F5E33119FA77.jpeg 08D0D03A-EFB5-4C18-B1B4-07E25834806B.jpeg 3C80F659-EA99-49ED-A53D-F801908318A8.jpeg C3247B98-20E8-4A90-97D3-0E0B8C01B1F1.jpeg I don’t know what kind of paper is mine. The surface is glossy like there is varnish or so. I can clean it with water.

12. Jivvy

I think this is above my pay grade.

I have no idea what we're looking at. :hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted