Featured Pickard Salt and Pepper

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, Feb 17, 2018.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Would anyone know the pattern name for this set of shakers? According to my book of marks this is a late 1800's mark.

pic1.JPG pic2.JPG pic3.JPG pic4.JPG

2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

If I'm seeing the color right that marks dates to 1918. According to my Pickard book (Reed) this black decal was used circa 1918-1919. It's the color that determines the date. If the mark was red or brown it would be earlier.

As we were still at war with Germany in 1918 (if I remember my history correctly) it's most likely these were purchased as excess stock sometime prior to the start of WWI. Pickard did not produce china itself but rather bought blanks from other companies which they then decorated.

I wasn't able to find the name of your decoration and it's quite possible it didn't have a name. Most Pickard pieces with a relatively simple gold decoration do not have pattern names. It might have a pattern name if it had an all-over gold pattern or had gold with painted panels or borders.
    Don

3. kraftblue

Great info! Thanks Don!

KingofThings and judy like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

PIC44 is the replacements.com pattern code.
    Janet

KingofThings, judy and Steven S. like this.
  5. kraftblue

Thanks Janet

KingofThings and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted