Picked these up at a garage sale today and having trouble identifying them.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bsan1001, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Bsan1001

Bsan1001 Member

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Bronwen likes this.
  3. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Will do...on way out for a bit...be back later..
    OP can you please post bottoms and close up of center top of last weight...

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. Bsan1001

Bsan1001 Member

5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

First impression ...Scottish..for 1, 3, 4 Scramble #2 could be almost anywhere..
    It is very hard to see all detail in them.
    Is that damage on bottom of #4 and what is in very center of center cane on #1?

anundverkaufen likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Cab you number these? They're Perth and Strathearn, the scramble is Aladdins Cave.

BoudiccaJones likes this.
  7. Bsan1001

Bsan1001 Member

No damage on the bottom of 4. I think it’s just the picture I took. They’re all somewhat smooth.

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Oh, lucky you! Great garage sale find! :happy:

judy likes this.
  9. Bsan1001

Bsan1001 Member

Thanks! Mom wants to sell them but I have no idea what to tell her to ask for them

judy likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The scramble, as I said, is an Aladdins Cave, Perthshire. Value varies slightly according to the number of layers, but they come up often on Ebay.

The others are Strathearn and Perth, tricky to tell which is which as the makers went from one to the other. Allan who runs this site, is a serious expert - http://www.paperweights.com/paperweights/index.htm . The Scotlands Glass website also has patterns.

BoudiccaJones, judy and komokwa like this.
  11. Bsan1001

Bsan1001 Member

Thank you very much. You’ve all been so helpful!

Draft saved Draft deleted