Featured Pictures about tobacco and pipe boxes

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Lecollectionneur, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

For my association of collectors I've put online pictures from the holland and germany provenance tobacco and pipe boxes I have at this moment, you can look on the page with this link, and if you want to translate what's on the boxes for the forum, no problemo.:angelic:
    Here is a picture for those who don't know those boxes.
    I'm not really interested b the machine made ones from the time especially the germans especially because they are copied today and sold on the web, they are only hand engraved ones.
    [​IMG]

scoutshouse, Figtree3, SBSVC and 11 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful collection, Lecollect.
    I especially like the Amsterdam one you posted here.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

I love typography and the hand lettering on the first one is quite nice. Not mechanically perfect, and that's why it's so appealing to me. Thanks for sharing.

4. Lecollectionneur

Thanks for your appreciation, it's always the same conduct, you buy one, another, sold sometimes, and after years and too lazy sometimes to put on sale you have the beginning of a collection, it's not really an interest about their utility(despite I've a lot of things about tobacco and nicotiana), more as a metalwork and folk art expression.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!! Those are very nice!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing: Is the whole collection brass?? And roughly, what would be an average size of one, if you don’t mind??

scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The collection is very nice. What are the date ranges when these were made?

scoutshouse likes this.
  7. Lecollectionneur

They are all about 1750-1800, some can be a little earlier like this with the Putiphar's wife.
    I put dimensions on the pictures pages as soon as possible, they were made to contain a clay pipe and the tobacco normally, but they are some with only tobacco container as the oval with pinch closing system like on this picture.
    [​IMG]

scoutshouse, Aquitaine and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted