pictures of the candle sticks again

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Cherylo, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Cherylo

Cherylo New Member

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

dat's some nice sticks u got there.............

3. Cherylo

Cherylo New Member

Thanks, not sure why all my posts have two pictures?

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

When you post the pictures, are you double clicking the icon?

The mark looks like Meissen, but I don't believe it. The quality is not there, the modelling lacks finesse, the decoration is prosaic, and the mark is so frequently (and easily) faked. My guess for origin would be either Italy or Japan, but that's just a guess.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    bobsyouruncle likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oh my,those are lovely! Of course thats the Meissen mark,one of the most copied in history,but I think yours might be the real thing.The quality looks superb. Now about those brown pottery lamps ! Very MCM,might be from a "name" like Stangl.I cant believe someone didnt want to "deal" with such nice stuff,they must be pretty darn well off to walk away and not care.

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Talk about different opinions! Look at those rubber arms, those slab hands, the color application. Look at the weight of the modelling. This is clumsy compared to Meissen. Pretty candlestick, but not Meissen.

bluemoon and bobsyouruncle like this.
  7. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

I agree nice but not Meissen...also zero wear to base..either very well taken care of or fairly new

8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected (mental note to self,put your damn glasses on) !

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Draft saved Draft deleted