Pierre Joseph Redoute Print Help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Roger67, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Roger67

Roger67 Well-Known Member

Morning... Needing help on this Pierre Joseph Redoute print. It is 12 x 16 and it has the plate mark around it. So would that be a lithograph or a engraving?? When I look at it with a loupe you can see some dots but not like a lot. And it has IBFCO copyright at the leaves. I researched that company and not finding any history on them. Any info. would be great. THANKS in advance. Sorry about the shadows in pictures. To bad it couldn't be a 20,000 dollar print :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

3. Roger67

Thanks almost like it this has a number 8 and IBFCO on it. I really don't know what that means. Ever heard of IBFCO?

4. Roger67

And also it's a lithograph or engraving???

5. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hmmmm...

"Aime Vibere (Tea) engraved by Eustache Hyacinthe Langlois (1777-1837) coloured engraving) by Redoute, Pierre Joseph (1759-1840) (after)"

... and IBFCo is the Fischer printing company which reproduced a lot of nice prints in the 40s,50s?

So I *THINK* you have a vintage print of an engraving. Somebody smarter than I will probably have a look soon and let us both know.

Figtree3 and antidiem like this.
  6. Roger67

Thanks Loro Rico yeah now I see the Fischer Company. And you are right it's just a print of little value. Just wish it didn't have IBFCO on it lol

7. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Hey, they still sell such framed prints online for (as I recall) 25-50 dollars. Freight would be a killer, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted