Pink Depression Candlesticks with Enameled Flowers - Who Made Them

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jan 15, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I thought these candlesticks might be Westmoreland but so far haven't been able to turn them up. I can find other examples in a google search and on eBay but no one seems to know their origin. The round base is 4 1/4" across and slightly domed. The height is 3 1/4". The candle cup is six sided as is the area below the candle cup. The base is reverse painted orange and the gold and enameling was applied on top. There are three seam lines. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20180115_115026993.jpg IMG_20180115_114623841.jpg IMG_20180115_114632630.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

'Bohemian' is the first word that pops into my head. (And I don't mean beatnik.)

Tiffany jones likes this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

That's it. Thank you, Marie! Diamond never crossed my mind
    Don

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Don,
    I have had several sets undecorated in several colors and never could figure out who made them. Nice find Marie!!!!!
    greg

dgbjwc likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I love chatagoutdg! I just did a search for "6 and candle" :)

dgbjwc likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi Greg! After Marie identified them I went to my Dugan/Diamond book and found several examples pictured. Do you have the blue? The blue looks especially pretty in the book. It's a great shade.
    Don

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Don,
    I have had three or four sets of the plain glass. One green, two pink and the blue.
    I most of sold over 10 thousand pieces of Depression Glass. These were the only ones that I never ID'd except for a pink plate. The mind used to be so sharp that I could tell a pattern at 50 ft. Now since I do not sell or buy as much the mind slows down.:oops:
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted