Pink glasses - champagne? Wine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Photodude, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Photodude

Photodude Member

We are not sure what these may have been used for... I say champagne or wine, my wife says jello! All but these two have chips in the glass around the edges. Two different styles, one has etching and the other is plain; also there are a couple tall ones we agree are for parfait. Very thin pink glass. Anyone know when, who and really what these are? Thanks very much. 695B8D1B-2B72-4D13-AB66-15CF2B0D6ADE.jpeg

Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Probably the '20s, too short a stem for champagne, probably sherbets.

The one is grey cut, not polished. Its' hand done, more skill involed than etching.

Bakersgma, patd8643 and Bronwen like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Agree with aforementioned sherbet.

If they are footed flared tumblers, they could also be for iced tea (larger) or juice (smaller).

A Tiffin-Franciscan 14196-pink juice glass (height 3 1/2 inches):

[​IMG]

Iced tea (height 6 inches):

[​IMG]

There are several sherbets listed in the link I provided above, check the measurements. They do look like yours.
    Very pretty, I love pink glass!
    (I searched for Tiffin pink optic etched but could not find the design of your etched glass.)

EDIT:
    Here is the parfait, note the stem length:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  4. Photodude

Photodude Member

The grey cut one is 5”, the other is 5 1/8”. And this, The one we thought maybe for parfait, is only 4 1/2 inches and apparently made to hold sweet pea seeds. 99ECDE37-739D-4CB8-AAEE-2288B36F2D60.jpeg

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I had a 2 sets of wine glasses in two sizes, from the 1970s, same color but without the etchings? Sold 'em in a garage sale. I think mine were Mikasa with same shape?

Draft saved Draft deleted