Featured Pitkin & Brooks cut glass perfume bottle - need some ID help please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Apr 1, 2018.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any cut glass references that can possibly help with an ID of this bottle &/or pattern? I am rather sure the stopper is a replacement because it is sitting a little too high.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you for any & all opinions or suggestions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

Bakersgma, judy, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Ber......I went through my Schiffer book....perfumes, colognes and scent bottles book, and did not see yours.

Pitkin and Brooks was not listed in the index either.

Could the initials stand for another maker?

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Swan shows this Pitkin and Brooks signature - P&B inside a diamond shape, but doesn't say when it was used. Their 1907 mark is much more complex.

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Bakers........I didn't even see the diamond shape prior to your post.

5. bercrystal

The mark is very light & I was totally shocked when I saw that I had actually got a half way decent photo. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

My one book shows a similar shape bottle & gives the date as 1905. All my other books are more specific to either atomizers or brand of bottles.

I plan on taking it with me later this month to the perfume bottle convention. I will be setting up a table at the market they hold & hopefully selling enough to cover some of my expenses. I paid very little for it & have no doubt it will find a forever home at a very tidy profit. :happy::happy:

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Good idea, Peggy! It's lovely.

7. bercrystal

:happy::happy::happy:

I would not keep it for myself but I am sure there are a few people in the group who collect this type of bottle.

BTW - Anyone who lives around Tysons Corner, Virginia & would like to check things out the Friday evening auction, the Saturday morning market & the Saturday afternoon perfume bottle & vintage vanity show are all open to the public. :):):)

I will post something in a couple of weeks in general announcements, but if you would like further details just let me know.

LIbraryLady and anundverkaufen like this.
  8. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

That's a pretty one !!!! ;) I just went thru all my cut glass books...nothing popped out...sorry...:sorry:

9. bercrystal

Thanks for looking. :happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted