plastic yellow covered clear patterned glass mustard bowl with spoon

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 5, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

plastic yellow covered clear patterned glass mustard bowl with spoon dimensions are 2 3/4" top diameter, 2 1/4" bottom diameter, 3" height. The spoon says E.L.C. or E.R.C. Ltd. Aural Stainless. The spoon is 4" long. I would like help with company, pattern and era. Thank you for your assistance in this request. Rob
    IMG_9446small.JPG IMG_9447small.JPG IMG_9448small.JPG IMG_9452small.JPG

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Depression era.
    I don't think a regular pattern, but I might be wrong. Also made in a sugar pourer with a red lid.

It's going to be someone like Hazel Atlas, Federal, Jeanette, or Hocking. I don't think I've ever found the maker. If I did, I've forgotten.

judy likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Just as a suggestion for reselling, those Medco bowls with the metal flip lids sell nicely. I have had a few over the years and depending on condition, people love to own them. If you find a pink one, you are golden.

5. rknarr2

6. rknarr2

Thank you for the help and the tip. I will keep that in mind. Rob

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. rknarr2

Thank you for the help. Rob

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. clutteredcloset49

See one person says 1950s. That might be more correct than Depression era.

@TallCakes
    I've never heard of Medco glass. Tried to do a search for history of Medco glass and can't pull up anything.

Do you have any info?

judy likes this.
  9. pearlsnblume

judy, Mill Cove Treasures and SBSVC like this.
  10. clutteredcloset49

@pearlsnblume
    Thank you.
    Doesn't say what time period. Although those look more 50s.

11. pearlsnblume

I think the 50's 60's mostly. Just my 2 cents.

judy likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

There are a lot of patents online for a man named Harry C. Gessler of Brooklyn, NY. He patented several glass receptacles, and also their lids. The patents seem to range from the 1930s-1950s. Some of the patents say he is "Harry C. Gessler, Brooklyn, N. Y., assignor to Medco Products Co., Inc., North Bergen, N. J., a corporation of New Jersey." Here is one from 1950 and I've also found some like that from the 1940s. Some of the earlier patents don't mention Medco, just Gessler.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/dd/2e/ec/c2d83cf43d7c72/US2631758.pdf

13. pearlsnblume

I think I have or had sugar bowls with the name Gessler on it.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted