Pleas help identify 1938 bottles

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by tomreisn, Nov 21, 2016.

1. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

Hi,
    we found this two bottles in the attic, seems it was made on the occasion of Anschluss (connecting Austria to Germany in 1938). I cant find anything similar to this so I dont know anything about this and its possible value?? Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg Clipboard04.jpg Clipboard02.jpg Clipboard03.jpg Clipboard04.jpg Clipboard05.jpg Clipboard06.jpg Clipboard07.jpg

KingofThings and bobsyouruncle like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Cant help,but those are fascinating.

judy and KingofThings like this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Johnny,
    I quite agree.
    greg

judy, KingofThings and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's some weird shit !

I wonder what the bottle held....

judy, KingofThings and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

horses look like Lipizzaner from the Spanish Riding School Vienna and
    ST. STEPHENS CATHEDRAL VIENNA, AUSTRIA

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

KingofThings and bobsyouruncle like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  8. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

So pleas could someone tell me what this bottles could be worth for? Or where can I possibly get such informations?

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I suspect of some decent worth, but where you start is another matter. Not saleable on Ebay or in Germany, so that avenue isn't open to you.

10. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

I know, I dont sale anything on ebay just becuase they have insane fees. I may have one local buyer but I dont want to start making some deals with really no idea about the price.

11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Hm. Based on some other stuff I've seen, my very very guess would be 300 to 500 euro the pair. But that really is a guess.

12. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

Hi, sorry for "replying" after such a long time. But I have some new questions / findings. I tried to contact several different people in my country regarding any info they may have... seems no one is unfortunately replying back. But on one site with findings some guy responded that its a fake.

Iam not an expert but the bottle and glass is sure historic because its not 100% clear glass (it have some small bubbles in it). And Iam also not convinced that someone whould have falsified a bottle and why why they would just choose a date for union of Austria with Germany. I searched for a long time and all I found was some medals or postcards with the same motto "Ein Volk Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer". So I tried to find also something with the second motto "Zum Reich" and finaly after long search I found one medal with "Zum Reich" motto and same date see here

So Iam convinced the bottles has to be authentic but to be most sure dont you have any idea where I can ask? Some museum maybe or.. ? I have no idea who could tell me more or at least confirm its not a fake.

13. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

14. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

Thanks, I will try it. They probably need to manualy approve my registration because I can not access pretty anything there even when I confirmed the registration link from my email address so... :)

15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What is the brown material covering the glass?

16. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

I have no idea... something imitating a tree bark.

17. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Summing up some of the above comments. The bottle seems to have been issued to commemorate the "absorption" of Austria by Germany. One People, one Country, One Ruler. Zum Reich = To the Government, a toast. The body appears to be a metal (bright spots among the brown.

Bronwen and i need help like this.
  18. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The overall size/shape is like many of the soldiers' water bottles/flasks I see when I search. Now wondering about the caps. Bakelite or similar?

i need help likes this.
  19. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

20. tomreisn

tomreisn New Member

It doesnt seems to be metal, the bottle is glass only, the thing imitating the tree bark is brown only and I have no idea what it is made from... the wooden circles seems to be actual wood. There are also some numbers inside the black cap - "V241" and below taht "1".

@bobsyouruncle on the suggested wehrmacht-awards.com some Polish man wrote its a big fake without anything specific or reason why he thiks so. I dont think so even when I can not be sure 100% but the bottles were in attic a very long time if anyone would fake it it would be decades ago, and what would be the reason for that. Not speaking about the fact that decades ago it was a communist regime in our country and I think it would be unthinkable to just make something like it back then.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted