Please help ID of vintage pottery bud vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by plaid423, Jan 7, 2018.

1. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

Hi all. I found this little guy at an estate sale and cannot make out the mark on the bottom. It has a crack in the rim, but I love it. It is about 4.5" tall and has a green base color with almost a bronze wash on it. Thank you for the help. IMG_3322.JPG IMG_3324.JPG IMG_3327.jpg

yourturntoloveit and Bakersgma like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Figtree3, KentWhirled, cxgirl and 3 others like this.
  3. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

OMG!!! You are amazing!! I have been searching for hours. Thank you. I think the glaze is quite thick on it and maybe covered it up. It kind of looks like there is more writing underneath as well. Thank you

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

Just curious..... what State did you find this?

I live about 20 miles from picturesque Marblehead.

5. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

In Georgia

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Curiosity satisfied!!:)

I never see any offered around here. I've owned about two and that was quite a few years ago.

7. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

I got several other pieces from the estate sale, the woman was an avid collector. It is so hard with pottery, as many pieces only have a symbol on them. I will never understand why someone would make a beautiful piece of art and then not claim it, or claim it with a random print in the clay, like a leaf. Thanks you again.

8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Again....you're welcome.

Will you show us your other pieces?

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

There's definitely more there in the center and in a line beneath the M and P. Very faint, but maybe it would show better by taking the picture from a side angle?

I love it!!

10. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

11. plaid423

plaid423 Active Member

Above are a few shots of another pot I got at the sale. I have not seen any markings and have no idea what it might be. Thank you for any thoughts and sorry it took me so long to reply. The flu got me but good!!

12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

See your other thread about this pot......

Draft saved Draft deleted