Please help id this item

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by spbd, Jan 31, 2019.

1. spbd

spbd New Member

2019-01-31 16.22.15.jpg

2019-01-31 16.48.03.jpg

2019-01-31 16.48.47.jpg

Hello, I purchased a box lot of antique buttons and this item was included in the lot. I thought perhaps it is a neckerchief slide or a belt buckle. The brass base has MAR.14.82 and AUG.12.84 engraved on the surface and the brass base holds a glass disk about 1/4" thick encasing what looks like textured gold foil. There are many military buttons in the lot and I purchased it from an 85-year-old man who said his grandmother collected buttons her whole life. It's 1-3/4" in diameter. Any help would be much appreciated. --spbd

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Search for Horse Bridle Rosettes and you'll see similar.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

I see ones with the same patent date listed as from Pflueger Mfg. Co.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, spbd! Your pictures are attached as "thumbnails" but folks on phones will be able to see them more easily if you go back to your original post, click Edit, then Other Options, change the attachment choice on each picture to Full Image and then Save Changes. :)

5. spbd

spbd New Member

Thank you for your help. I think when I changed to full view I replicated my images and now can’t delete the duplicates! I’ll try later in my desktop instead of mobile. Thx again!

i need help likes this.
  6. spbd

spbd New Member

Thank you so much! Glad I joined. By the way it occurs to me that a company named Pflueger makes fishing reels. I have one!

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. spbd

spbd New Member

So that’s what it is! Shoulda known. My sister collects them and puts them in purses. Thank you!

8. spbd

spbd New Member

*on purses

komokwa, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That's okay about the duplicates. You'll get the hang of it! The Edit function does not last forever. I'm not sure of the time limit, but even if it's gone by the time you get to your desktop, the pictures are easy to see.

10. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME spbd !!! ... Joy. :)

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted