Featured Please help - Looking to replace broken glass!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Matty Oates, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Matty Oates

Matty Oates New Member

Hello All,

Just had some AirBnBers destroy 1 of 4 of these glasses, that my girlfriend's great-aunt had passed down to her. Hoping to find a replacement! I don't have the maker, but have searched extensively online and can't find one that resembles it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Matty

Attached Files:

2. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Better image? Color and dimensions, too.

Not cool, AirBnBers!!!!

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome!

Can you please take a photo on a white background straight on from the side so we can see the color and shape? Like this:
    HowToShootPGPForAnID.jpg

Also, can you please choose "Full Image" when you post a photo? It will be large like the one above. That makes it easier for boardies on cell phones to see the image and help you :)

4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Can't really see it, but think antique special glasses have no place for use by strangers in an air B&B, jmho.

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

What are AirBnBers ??? ... Joy

7. antidiem

It is when a town allows extra living space on your property to be rented out short term. Usually vacationers rent like this.

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

We're having problems with them here....& folks who buy apts...just to rent them out....& landlords evicting folks to renovate.....and then become air B&B rental places..

9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Try Glastonbury-Lotus? A lot of their patterns have that same rim.

(A better photo would be a big help!)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  10. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

11. Matty Oates

Matty Oates New Member

My thanks to ALL of you for your help here - I will attempt to get a photo in the format you've suggested. We're not home at the moment, so I'll need to ask a friend. The 8oz Glastonbury Lotus certainly seems the closest to the set!

The one link to 8oz tumbler showed only in clear crystal - being very unfamiliar with the whole platform, does anyone know if there's a way to request the pink crystal in the same pattern? Again, I am massively ignorant in this field, and all of you have been wonderful in setting me down the right path.

And you're right about the AirBnBers - we had the glasses hidden away, but they managed to find them anyway... :(

12. Matty Oates

Matty Oates New Member

13. judy

judy Well-Known Member

We were AirbnBrs in Sweden last May.

We treated the very large apt. with love and respect.....just like we owned it ourselves.

I agree with Anti that special items should not be present. Some people are snoopers and not respectful of other peoples belongings.

14. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

several companies made similar panel optic footed tumblers:
    examples include:
    Cambridge 3060
    Fostoria 77
    Tiffin 14185

15. Matty Oates

Matty Oates New Member

Thank you for this lead!

judy, bluumz, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  16. antidiem

Ditto the part about being respectful just like ya own the place! We have always been the same way when renting vacation properties, but once I accidentally broke a bowl. It wasn't old like this glass, but it was a set of 4 and I know the owners were bummed! So, that's how I know about all'a this! :meh:

And it's been about a decade since that happened, but you will notice I haven't forgotten about it...

SBSVC, bluumz and i need help like this.
  17. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Anti....it shows you have respect for all things....not only what you own, but what other do.

This was our first experience being AirBnBr's, and it was the best part of our whole trip.

I forget what the contract included......I think it did ask that if something was broken, to please let them know. Nothing was.

Anybody can have an accident...that is different from not caring.

The large apt. was furnished with contemporary items. It consisted of two floors with a winding staircase that led to a 3rd floor loft overlooking Gamla Stan (old Stockholm) furnished with outdoor seating, small table and chairs.

It was housed in a 16th Century (maybe 14th, but I forget already!) building that had no elevator. So 92 steps up and 92 steps down......sometimes several times in a day.

We loved every minute of our stay there, and are so grateful it was offered.

antidiem, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  18. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

Have had some great experiences w/ those rentals. But at one rental, we got into bed and fd. someone's balled up bikini undies and socks. Yuck.

antidiem and judy like this.
  19. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Good Greif!!! :vomit:

antidiem and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted