Please help me identify this Noritake pattern

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by g_ma, Sep 14, 2018.

1. g_ma

g_ma New Member

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Many Noritake patterns were unnamed, just numbered. Your best bet is to figure out when the backstamp was used and go from there. There are pages and pages of Noritake ID sites on google, so figure out the time frame and go from there.
    Patd

g_ma, judy and i need help like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The mark dates to the period 1930-1939.
    Don

g_ma and i need help like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I guess when they made this stuff, they never dreamed people might be looking for extra pieces someday, or they would at least have numbered it. Of course, no one had dreamed up the internet, either. The best you can hope for is an inventory number at the replacements site. I looked through many, many pages on replacements.com, but there are so many ways it could be listed, depending on who was working that day: cream rim, cream band, ivory rim, ivory band, green trim, green edge, etc. I don't think a date range is going to help.

g_ma likes this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

most of those pattern listed at "R" are unknowns anyway (tho' they may have an assigned number) (of the 8,203 with images there are 3,895 unknowns). There are several very similar patterns but I didn't see a match either. It's fairly easy to refine the search down to manageable numbers by varying the descriptors.

you could always try sending images to "R" to see if they know anything, but it's likely to be added to the extensive list of unknowns...

here's one example with 38 images showing some similars (half of these are unknowns). You can play with the descriptors in the refine results search block if you like:
    https://www.replacements.com/china/n.htm?sort=most-popular&facets=ZY89j8IwEET/ijW1D0GKK9xRXoNOokAIIrQhG2JkkiP2BVDk/87mQzpO1LvzZt6uQ4BJNHKYXarhYLBmao6l2thQ2goaZ5i5RgZTkPOsUctrN3zucapdrjKqclW4uiG3hwSOMB8LDQ8Tml8JEMxiaOhgB1YrhLcopP5HoHyfqW8KgZtKrejCAizeVkXd70Zwt+vVI6ZRDyLzqaYPlOQP9kInPjzYV7VgeBwUR82v/qaWLVlHmeNX0XH2n+eW/aiVJJ//vZKpsJ2+okxJnw==&udfa0a0=gold band floral cream

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    g_ma and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted