Please Help: Oneida silversmiths 1881 Rogers triple utensils

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Melheems, May 3, 2021.

1. Melheems

Melheems New Member

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.20 AM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.20 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.19 AM (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.19 AM (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.19 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.18 AM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.18 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-05-03 at 11.51.17 AM.jpeg Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone know if any of this has significant value or meaning. One of the little spoons says Trust Credit Jewelers I believe and the rest all say Rogers 1881 triple Oneida LTD.
    I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2021
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Melheems likes this.
  3. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

The engraved spoon was most likely given out free gift from the jeweler or used for advertising.

Melheems, judy and komokwa like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Malheems, and welcome!

Despite the word "Chateau" on the red box that apparently holds your set of flatware, this does not look to be the "Chateau" pattern by 1881 Rogers/Oneida.

Instead, I believe it is the "Park Lane" pattern, introduced in 1936. Please see the listing here:
    onedia park lane.jpg
    Oneida Silver, Park Lane (Silverplate, 1936) - Page 1 | Replacements, Ltd.
    (Note: any silver plate prices shown on the referenced site are likely to be many times higher that the per-piece price you can expect as a seller.)

Like most "everyday" silver plate, your set is not particularly valuable. The pieces contain very little actual silver.

There are buyers who will purchase a full set of silver plate for use, but most people seem to prefer stainless steel nowadays, particularly since you can put stainless in the dishwasher.

(As an aside, depression-era silver plate designs are often considered a bit dull and uninspired, making them less desirable to some buyers than other more traditional or creative patterns.)

Hope this helps a bit!

5. Melheems

Melheems New Member

Thanks so much for this information! Super helpful, I didn't realize the different patterns have names. I definitely do not have a full set. Kinda sad it is isn't as special as I thought it was. I think I will try clean it and keep it for myself.

Thanks so much again!

SBSVC, komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted