Please help with identification of another piece

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Elsa Pieterse, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Elsa Pieterse

Elsa Pieterse Active Member

Hi guys.
    Please help with this piece. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    PicsArt_10-14-10.36.46.jpg PicsArt_10-14-10.37.03.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

While the color of the brown glaze looks old, like a "HULL", I think this is a much newer piece from the bottom, which looks way too clean and inconsistent to be from an older mold. My guess would be China, but please wait for the pottery experts to come along, I could be totally wrong. ;)

Elsa Pieterse likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice pics.........thank you !!!!

Elsa Pieterse likes this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The color and style are consistent with American production circa 1980 or so but I don't think that number is American. 31 centimeters equals about 12". Is that about right? I'm sorry but a measuring tape doesn't help me much in determining size.

Elsa Pieterse and antidiem like this.
  5. antidiem

agreed @Elsa Pieterse

Elsa Pieterse and dgbjwc like this.
  6. antidiem

I guess it could be a newer McCoy, possibly from the 1970s or 1980s, but I'm in agreement with dgbjwc, the number does not look American made.

The glaze on the bottom is rough around the edges, as if the maker didn't care.

Elsa Pieterse and dgbjwc like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Might be Belgian.

8. Elsa Pieterse

Elsa Pieterse Active Member

Thanks everyone, sorry for the late reply. I was away on vacation last week. I really appreciate all the help.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted