Please ID small glass vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by morris, Dec 11, 2019.

1. morris

morris morris

Vase etched dont know how but can feel the etching, Very heavy milled design at top, the body is misty in comparison to the clear cut top, 4 1/2" height with a 13" circumference. was not new when bought and owned for 25yrs. I have not come across the design or origin to get a comparison, many thanks in advance. think I have now managed to get photos right at last with the helpful advice given

IMG_4483.JPG IMG_4484.JPG IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4486.JPG IMG_4487.JPG IMG_4488.JPG IMG_4488.JPG

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The finish is called "Satin"
    Can you please show a larger picture of this
    upload_2019-12-11_8-43-32.png

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'd put the time period to the late 1800s early 1900s, part of the EAPG era, although not an EAPG pattern.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Could be acid etched. Top rim looks cut rather than pressed or molded suggesting (but not definitely) more of a one-off piece. The design is rather iffy in both conception and execution imho.

Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  5. morris

morris morris

many thanks for info IMG_4487.JPG

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

@morris your pictures of the base are too small.

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted