Featured Plume and Atwood "Double Harvard" Oil Lamp

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jeff Gershwin, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Jeff Gershwin

Jeff Gershwin New Member

I found a converted oil lamp (to electricity) in my grandfathers house. I have done some research on it and found that it is a double harvard lamp made by Plume and Atwood but that is all I really know. I am in between polishing up the piece and putting it on my desk or selling it. I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of shades would go on it and if anyone knew a value on a piece like this?

Lamp B 1.jpg Lamp B 2.jpg Lamp B 4.jpg Lamp B 5.jpg Lamp B 6.jpg Lamp B 3.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

My guess is that they would have been 'fitter' type chimney shaped glass shades, but hopefully a member who actually has some knowledge will be able to give better guidance.

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Just do a google search for "double harvard lamp made by Plume and Atwood" and you'll see a number of pictures with shades, and links for sales. They seem to average in the 1-2k price range from a quick look on worthpoint. Yours appear to be missing the pieces that actually hold the shades.

judy, Bakersgma, Christmasjoy and 4 others like this.
  4. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt Lamps on the brain

The galleries on the top of your burners are upside down. Did you sell the lamp?

judy likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome Mark,

The original poster had not been logged in since Feb 2019.
    The preferred method for inquiries on Buy/sell, is Private Conversation.

judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted