Polka Dot Tumblers

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marie Forjan, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi all and especially @Cherryhill

I bought a set of 9 tumblers this weekend. I looked for them in Cherryhill's glass tumbler book. They look like ones in the section "Single Color Polka Dot". They appear to be made the way the book describes them with colored inner glass and clear outer glass (you can see the clear on the base) with the polka dots bumping out on the inside of the tumbler. The rims appear to be ground and polished.

Measurements are 2-3/4" rim, 2-1/8" base, 3-13/16" height with slight variations among them. Some have 3 rows of dots, some have 4 and some look like the 4th row was just started but is small and just starting on where the base turns up.

I am confused about who made them as the measurements and rows of dots don't match any of the examples in the book. Are these originals from late 1800s or modern? Are these a set or are they 2 sets depending on the rows of dots? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 rows of dots

PolkaDotTumbler3Rows.jpg

4 rows of dots

PolkaDotTumbler4Rows.jpg
    PolkaDotTumblerBase.jpg
    PolkaDotTumblerRim.jpg

Christmasjoy and sabre123 like this.
  2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

At a guess, two sets, the glass appears too thick for 19th century glass, I'd guess 1950-60s.

3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Great, thank you very much Tom!

Draft saved Draft deleted