Porcelain Figuines marked with crossed swords?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Karen S., Apr 17, 2021.

1. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

I was at a few garage sales today and purchased these 2 bisque porcelain figurines of women in the 18th century style dress. I know they are fairly new, but the seller said that they are Meissen figurines with the crossed swords. I looked up the hallmarks over the years for Meissen and did not find one similar to these with a blue circle at the tip of the 2 swords. There is one that has a blue dot, but these 2 are circles. So I'm guessing that they are a knock off from China? If anyone knows the maker and approximately their value.....I'll put them in my booth at the thrift shop. They are pretty and well crafted. Thank you so much for your time!!!! meissen 3.jpg meissen 2.jpg Meissen 1.jpg meissen 6.jpg meissen 5.jpg meissen 4.jpg meissen 3.jpg meissen 2.jpg Meissen 1.jpg meissen 6.jpg meissen 5.jpg meissen 4.jpg

ulilwitch likes this.
  2. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

I'm so sorry. I loaded double images again. And can't figure out how to remove on set of images.
    Karen

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

In the future, Just click the Insert All a Full Image at the top of the photos once. You don't have to click each one separately. :) I don't know how to undo it. Sorry.

judy likes this.
  4. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Thank you KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  5. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

• Just found that the mark is that of Japanese maker HOMCO - said to be associated with Japanese maker Arnart. Is there any value?

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  6. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Not a lot I am afraid

judy, anundverkaufen and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. Karen S.

Karen S. Active Member

Thank you John. Sorta what I expected!

judy and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted