Featured Portugal Pitcher is this a Vista Alegre mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Sep 11, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I don't think it is, but could not find anything else .. so wondering if this might be one of their marks? It is not a very clear mark, not just my photo. ;) THanks for looking!! portugalpitcher.jpg portugalpitcher1.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Wildrose, I've seen that mark several times, but I've never known whose it was.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Found it for you! Artibus.

Forum Artibus.jpg

Artibus was a porcelain company, based in Aveiro, which worked only about 40 years, from the late 1940s until the late 1980s.
    Not only the quality of the porcelain, but also the models and decorations of Artibus have always been very close to the Vista Alegre production, which is not surprising, being a company founded by former workers of the centenary factory of Ílhavo.

Terrible Google translation but you get the idea.

Information comes from this blogspot.

http://artelivrosevelharias.blogspot.com/2013/12/de-novo-o-onion-pattern-para-um-cha-de.html

Debora

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!!!!

SBSVC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted