Possible shoe shine box

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Dragontraine, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Dragontraine

Dragontraine Active Member

FB4DE7CF-7077-46F8-8887-9E29843319E4.jpeg 04A14852-D29E-4392-BB27-D21D63D279DE.jpeg 78C8749E-5C16-4B70-B765-0AB384358DFB.jpeg D7E76D53-C0CA-451F-A973-30725304E424.jpeg Wondering on age of this one and what could I sell it for

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

you might get more for the boot pullers.....& what looks like a Victorian neck duster ( barber brush..) .....
    so...maybe shoe shine box......but with no foot rest...or handle.....it's hard to say.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

That's a nice box, and old. @verybrad may know what to make of it. It has a lock, so I doubt it was for shining shoes.

judy, Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

We usually shy away from being too specific on values as members are from so many different parts of the country, or world, for that matter! Condition, and history of the item would also factor in to that estimate. You can also check with @ebay.com
    under their SOLD listings for an approximate value if you find a closely matching item. Meanwhile, if you provide us with measurements of your item, along with where/how you obtained it, it might provide us with some insight to help you. You did a good job with images of all sides (except the two ends!) which is a good start!!!! From the size of the boot hooks and the barbers brush, it looks like a nice small chest!:):)

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

With the lock, think more likely a keepsake box. Might use the till for jewelry and cash. Documents, letters, and misc. in the bottom.

6. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Guesses miniature blanket box/chest, because of till & lock. Appears to be nailed construction, mid 19th century.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  7. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

This form can go for some serious money (10s of thousands) if, it's early, if paint decorated, if by a known artist, how many if's so far? :hilarious:
    I would guess this one in the $100.- $150 range or so. If key to lock is present, add another $50 or so.

i need help likes this.
  8. Dragontraine

Dragontraine Active Member

The measurements on it are 13.5”x9”x10”

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted